Steve reported that there are some additional improvements scheduled for the Port Ludlow Jefferson Healthcare Clinic (JHC) which include enhanced landscaping and making the old Clinic building on Oak Bay Road a regional pharmacy scheduled to open in July. Steve also noted that the JHC is very proud to report that they are now serving over 700 clients at the clinic. In addition JHC will be holding a thank you event for Port Ludlow this summer.
Free Orthopedic Health Seminar: Degenerative Joint Pain, an Orthopedic Perspective
Thursday, May 10, 4:00 pm
Port Ludlow Bay Club, 120 Spinnaker Pl, Port Ludlow
Meet Jefferson Healthcare’s orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Edward Eissmann, and Mitzi Hazard, DPT, Physical Therapist, who will present on our total joint replacement program and rehab therapies. Stay afterward to speak directly with Dr. Eissmann and Mitzi Hazard.
For information, call 360.344.0400
For the must up to date details please visit the Event Calendar
- The new Jefferson Healthcare Building with have siding installed to cover the raw concrete on the lower levels of the building.
- Landscaping screening will be placed in a green-space between the garage and Paradise Bay Road.
- Metal awnings from the original design are in fabrication and will be installed by PLA as soon as possible.
- Lighting in the garage will continue to be evaluated to minimize its brightness.
- After the above has been accomplished, Jefferson Healthcare will hold a follow-up meeting in June to receive additional comments.
- Two new professional staff are being added here in Port Ludlow and further services and personnel additions will be considered in the future.
- A partnership between the Village Council and Jefferson Healthcare is being developed to present health and wellness programs regularly to the community. Village Council Board members Phyllis Waldenberg and Paul Hinton will head up this revitalized effort.
Jefferson Healthcare CEO Mike Glenn advised the PLVC yesterday that they are undertaking a review of the appearance of the Port Ludlow Clinic. In an email to PLVC President Bill Dean, Mr. Glenn indicated they are working for exterior and landscaping improvements which will address concerns that have been raised by the PLVC. Discussions on the esthetics of the clinic building started with PLA and later PLA and Jefferson Healthcare. They have been ongoing since November 2017, and although details of any enhancements are still unknown, the full contents of Mr. Glenn’s email will be announced at the PLVC meeting on Thursday, February 1, at 3pm and the Bay Club.