- Mark Makarowski – Natural Resources
- Erin Anderson – Secretary
- Gary Hicks – Treasurer
- Jane Navone – Stewardship
- Cheri Gerstenberger – Maintenance
- Paul Hinton – PLVC Liaison
- Tim Rensema, Soozie Darrow & Gary Hicks– Voting Members-at-large
OTHER COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Trail Stewards – Over 40 volunteers frequently walk the trails to perform minor trail work and identify/report problems that need correction
- Project / Maintenance Volunteers – Over 20 individuals perform project/maintenance work on over 25 miles of trails including removing fallen trees, seasonal mowing. installing steps or benches, and drainage improvements, creating new trails, or correcting reported trail problems
- Other Volunteers – Other individuals perform a variety of tasks including maintaining / stocking trail maps around the community, maintaining Trail kiosks, and replacing/repairing trail signs
Our mission is to preserve, promote, and protect Port Ludlow’s trails and natural resources.
Our mission is what we do. How we perform our mission includes:
- Maintenance of existing trails and natural resources
- Developing new trails if future opportunities occur
- Promoting community awareness and appreciation of the established walking/bike trails
- Informing residents of their role in enhancing and nurturing the natural resources that abound in the area
- Encouraging users to help maintain the trails
Over the past twenty years the Port Ludlow Trails/Natural Resources Committee has worked to develop, improve and maintain many trails in the community. We now have over 25 miles of trails in the community. It is no surprise that in any survey of residents about what they value in Port Ludlow, trails are always in the top three. It is well documented that a community trail system adds significant value to the properties that have trails access. We also work to enhance the community’s natural resources with activities that include an annual Scotch Broom Pull, other noxious weed control activities, interpretive signs, maintaining various bird and bat houses, maintaining the Garden at Ludlow Falls, etc.
See monthly “Trail Mix” articles in the Port Ludlow Voice regarding the Trails & Natural Resources Committee.
For the Trails & Natural Resources Committees most recent ACTIVITY please click here.
For the Trails & Natural Resources Committees most recent DOCUMENTS please click here.
SEPARATE TRAIL MAPS FOR BOTH HIKING AND BIKING IN PORT LUDLOW ARE NOW ONLINE!
If you are interested in more information about Port Ludlow’s Trails & Natural Resources Committee, would like to volunteer, have a trails problem to report or just want to comment on our trails or natural resources, please feel free to contact us!