The Village Council and Jefferson Healthcare held a Community Forum on Thursday, March 29, at the Beach Club. They announced the following community enhancements:
- The new Jefferson Healthcare Building with have siding installed to cover the raw concrete on the lower levels of the building.
- Landscaping screening will be placed in a green-space between the garage and Paradise Bay Road.
- Metal awnings from the original design are in fabrication and will be installed by PLA as soon as possible.
- Lighting in the garage will continue to be evaluated to minimize its brightness.
- After the above has been accomplished, Jefferson Healthcare will hold a follow-up meeting in June to receive additional comments.
- Two new professional staff are being added here in Port Ludlow and further services and personnel additions will be considered in the future.
- A partnership between the Village Council and Jefferson Healthcare is being developed to present health and wellness programs regularly to the community. Village Council Board members Phyllis Waldenberg and Paul Hinton will head up this revitalized effort.