When the lights (or even worse, the TV) suddenly go out like they did for half of the homes in Port Ludlow on Tuesday morning, what is your first thought? Is it my house? Is it my neighborhood? Has the BIG ONE hit and we are so far away that we don’t know?
How can I find out what is going on?
Thanks to the PUD, there is a really simple solution, but it takes a little preplanning.
First, you will need to get the SmartHub app on your smartphone.
- Go to Apple App Store or Android Play Store and search SmartHub.
- Download SmartHub app, click on “By Location” and enter “Jefferson County PUD”.
- Get your PUD email address and password
- The app will open and you will see what information is available.
- You are now set up to be able to get the latest PUD information.
So, when the power goes out, click on the app and then click on Twitter. Ignore “Log In” and “Sign Up”, just scroll down to get the latest posts on what is happening from the PUD. You do not need a Twitter account and you are not going to be followed. You are just clicking on it to get the PUD information.
NOW is the time to get that SmartHub on all your smartphones.